8 steps to make use of the best acrylic nail products
STEP 1 CHOICE A:
Clear Acrylic Tips by Makartt
These sturdy nails are durable and last up to 2 weeks. The C Curve Design allows you to easily and securely apply the tips to your natural nail plate.
Application of acrylic tips:
- File the sides as well as the cuticle area
- Remove any nail polish from your natural nails.
- Once, you’ve chosen the correct size of acrylic tip for your nails; apply a thin layer of glue.
- Begin at the cuticle area, press the tip on your natural nail and hold for approximately 5 seconds.
- Shape your nails by filing them as needed.
Now, if you’re looking to use forms instead of acrylic tips, the next section is for you.
STEP 1 CHOICE B:
Reusable Nail Art Forms by Beauticom
We love reusable items and just had to test these beauties. So, instead of using acrylic tips, use these in their place.
This is how to apply these Forms the correct way:
- Stick these Forms on underneath your natural nail plate.
- Use the stripes to assist with the shape of the acrylics as well as the length.
Nail files 180/240 grit by Makartt
Shape and file your nails using these nail files. Below is a guide to indicate which grit is needed for each application type.
- 100 Grit Size: This nail file is coarse and rough. It is perfect for filing artificial Nails.
- 120 Grit Size: This too is coarse and rough and is best used for filing as well as smoothing artificial Nails.
- 180 Grit Size: This higher grit is medium sharp and medium rough. This is best used for filing your natural nails.
- 240 Grit Size: This nail file is fine. It works well for final touches on both artificial and natural nails.
Gently file your natural nails to remove excess shine and oil to allow for better adhesion.
No-Burn Acid-free Primer by Mia Secret
This primer is perfect to ensure that your acrylic nails adhere to your natural nails for as long as it should. We love this solution as it does not burn, yet provides superior adhesion.
No Acid = No Burn – yet offers high bonding of acrylics to natural nails.
- Brush one coat of this solution before applying the acrylic.
- Ensure that the primer is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
Applying acrylics takes time and is a lot of fun!
Acrylic Nail Powder Clear + Liquid Monomer by Mia Secret
Applying your acrylic is easy when you make use of the correct techniques.
- Have old towels on your work surface to ensure that the chemicals do not ruin your surfaces.
- Pour some of the monomer in a dappen dish and some of the powder in a separate dappen dish. Any other glass dish would work just as well.
Nail artist’s brushes by CONDA
We love this set as all our nail art designs can easily be accomplished with these brushes.
The shapes of brushes are:
- Angular Shader
- 2 Pointed Round in different sizes
- 2 Fans in different sizes
- Script Liner
- Grass Comb
- Longer Liner
We combine Step 4 and 5; this is how to use the brush with the monomer and polymer.
- Dip the brush in the liquid monomer placed in the first dappen dish.
- Gently squeeze the brush against the dappen dish to remove excess liquid.
- Use the same brush to make 3 gentle taps in the polymer powder to form a perfect bead.
- Place the bead on your nails and continue to build the acrylic up to get the desired nail shape.
- Allow the acrylic to dry.
- Shape your nails with a nail file as well as smooth the surface.
- Using a lint free cotton pad and a little rubbing alcohol, remove any tacky bits left on the acrylic.
Base coat/ top Coat by Seche Vite
- Apply one coat of the base coat.
- Allow enough time to dry. You can use a regular nail dryer to speed up the process.
See here what other women had to say about this duo.
Halographic Hues BY Color Club
We simply gaga over this color! It is vegan and animal cruelty –free.
Apply 2 – 3 coats of this nail polish to get the best effect.
Tips to get the best out of this nail polish:
- Allow sufficient drying time in between application.
- Store upright with the lid closed tightly to ensure a longer lifespan.
Thousands of women love this nail polish and this is what they had to say:
Apply the Top Coat by Seche Vite to ensure a longer wear.
There you have it folks! The best acrylic nails products as well as how to get your nails looking snazzy with a little effort and… our expert advice!
Always ensure that you’re working in a well-ventilated area. Make use of precautionary measures to protect the work surface. When in doubt with regards to filing, begin with a finer grit and work your way from there.
We always love hearing from you. Leave a pic to show us how your acrylic nails turned out. Leave us a “yo” in the comments below!