Is Fran Wilson hands & feet pumice sponge and others worth the hype? – Synthetic VS Natural
Fran Wilson Hands & Feet Pumice Sponge
Pumice sponge to enhance your pedicure and manicure.
What makes this great?
- This pumice sponge promises to remove dead skin cells and calluses from your feet as well as your hands.
- It works and it works well to remove tar, dye, oil and other stains.
- Use this pumice sponge with warm water and soap. We figured that the best time to use is during your shower. Use this twice a week to get the job done.
Areas that the manufacturer needs to work on:
- It does not last very long. The synthetic material tends to break - similar to crumbling.
- It would do the company well to ask their clients to choose the color that they prefer.
With those findings, we decided to look at another brand of pumice sponge.
Titania Angled Pumice Sponge
What can this synthetic pumice sponge do for your hands and feet?
- This pumice sponge can be used on your hands and feet.
- The company promises that it will leave every ridge clean.
- It successfully removes calluses and hard skin.
As with the previous brand of pumice sponge, the synthetic fibers tend to break down to a sandy texture. Although it does the job, it doesn’t last very long.
Mr Pumice Bar
As with other pumice sponge, this one is synthetic and successfully removes hard skin.
Other ways to use this pumice sponge:
- You may use this bar when it is wet or dry. It works for feet, hands, elbows and knees.
- It possesses an anti-bacterial solution that is safe, washable and above all reusable.
Hundreds of women used this pumice sponge and this is what they had to say:
So, we are not fans of pumice sponge. They are not that durable and tend to last a very short time. They might work in some cases, however we were adamant to find a tool that not only works, but is cost effective and last a long time.
That’s when we came across the Natural Lava Pumice Stone by Pumice Valley;
Yep, it’s not a sponge, but a stone. It’s 100% natural (right up our alley) and the price reasonable.
Other reasons why we love this natural pumice stone:
- It removes toxins, corns, calluses and any other hard skin.
- It is made from pure volcanic lava, which is why it is black. It is free from impurities when lava is black.
- It is durable, high quality and will last a long time as it is a natural stone.
- It is very easy to use and works.
- It massages and promotes blood circulation.
- It helps relieve fatigue thereby promoting relaxation.
- The shape and size is ideal to handle.
This is the correct way to use the Natural Lava pumice stone;
- Add a few drops of Lavender or Jasmine essential oil to warm water and soak the area that you need treated. You could also opt for Epsom salts to assist with detoxification and relaxation. It is however, not necessary to add these, warm soapy water is the main items needed for your pamper session.
- Dip the pumice stone in the water to dampen it. When the stone is damp, it is easier to use.
- Rub the stone on the affected area in circular movements. These motions provide assistance with blood circulation. This results in healthy hands, feet and your skin.
- Dry your feet and treated area with a clean towel.
- Apply your favorite lotion or cream that will moisturize and nourishes your skin.
Added tips for the best uses of the pumice stone.
- Do not allow others to use your pumice stone once it has been used. Cross contamination of fungi and bacteria is highly possible.
- Do not use on soft skin. In addition do not use on sensitive or inflamed skin.
- Do not vigorously rub your skin using this stone. Always use gentle strokes.
- Exfoliate up to twice a week to avoid damaging healthy skin.
How to take care of the pumice stone to ensure a long life;
- Once you are done with the stone, rinse with soap and water to remove any dirt and bacteria.
- Allow the pumice stone to dry properly. This ensures that mould doesn’t easily grow on your stone.
- Wear and tear can be seen with pieces breaking or when the stone is much smoother than when you bought it. When you notice these signs it is time to replace it.
There you have it! Although many people would prefer a synthetic pumice sponge, our weapon of choice is a natural pumice stone. Both effectively remove unwanted dead skin; however the natural stone has hygienic benefits that surpass the synthetic sponge. In addition they both cost about the same (around $7), yet the natural stone is guaranteed to last you longer. For this reason we’ve come to the conclusion that Fran Wilson hands & Feet pumice sponge does not live up to a natural pumice stone like Natural Lava pumice stone.
Which would you prefer? Do you perhaps prefer a natural stone or a synthetic sponge? Do you maybe have a better pumice sponge that works for you? Let us know in the comments below.