The best acrylic powder and liquid for nails and how to use them the correct way
Before we get to the part where we reveal the best acrylic powder and liquid, let’s look at how to get a perfect bead and applying the acrylic on your natural nail plate.
Applying acrylic nails the correct way:
Prepare your work surface and ensure that you are comfortable as you will need some time to do this, especially if this is your first time.
What you will need:
- Number 12 artist brush
- Paper towel
- A vinyl sheet to protect the work surface
- A small glass container or a dappen dish
- Pink Powder
- White powder
The method – apply acrylics:
- Place all materials on the vinyl sheet to protect any surfaces.
- Pour some of the liquid in the glass container.
- Dip your artist brush in the liquid. Take extra care to submerge the brush completely and press against the side of the glass as you lift the brush out of the liquid.
- If there is too much of the liquid on the brush, hold the brush on the paper towel to absorb the excess liquid.
- Transfer the brush to the container with the powder and very gently tap the white powder approximately 3 times. This allows you to get the right consistency ball/bead.
- Transfer the bead onto your fingernail.
- Work the bead onto your nail plate by touching with the artist brush and smoothing the acrylic on the surface into the desired shape.
- Continue in this way until you have filled the entire nail area.
Mixing others - Changing things up a little:
- You can mix liquid with glitter.
- Mixing the liquid with various color powders creates a different look too.
- You can either use acrylic nail tips or forms to assist with lengthening your nail.
Watch this step by step guide on how to create a perfect acrylic bead.
Now that you know how you are going to do it, you need to know which are the best acrylic powder and liquid for your nails. We searched for superb quality, easy to use and affordable products that will help you accomplish great looking nails in a short amount of time.
1. 6 in 1 Nail Art Kit Acrylic set by Wind Max
We love this set as it contains everything that you need in one place without having to search for every aspect.
What you will find in this set is:
- Clear Acrylic powder
- White Acrylic powder
- Pink Acrylic powder
- Acrylic liquid
- Clear glass dish
- Artist brush
Additional tips to get a longer wear;
- File your natural nail surface so that it is rough.
- Apply a great quality primer on your natural nail before you apply the liquid and powder combo.
- Apply a thin layer close to the cuticle area without touching. This is important as the natural oil in the cuticle and skin area causes the acrylic to lift.
- Apply 2 top coats after applying color nail polish to make it last longer.
The next set on our list of the best acrylic powder and liquid for nails will impress you just the same. In addition, achieving salon quality is definitely achievable with time and skill.
2. Mia Secret liquid monomer + Clear acrylic powder
This combo made our list of the best acrylic powder and liquid for nails as it has a low odor and makes use of a “non-yellowing formula”. The nail enhancement system is flexible and durable. What made us fall in love with this set is that the dried acrylic requires very little filing.
- Use a lint free cotton pad saturated in rubbing alcohol to remove any stickiness before applying nail polish.
3. Mia Secret Acrylic Nail Powder Pink + Liquid Monomer
We decided that this is one of the best acrylic powder and liquid for natural nails as it is a self-leveling polymer. This means that a minimal amount of filing is required. In addition, the pink powder allows a more natural look to your nail plate.
4. NPD Advanced Acrylic Powder & Liquid Monomer – White
This set made our list of the best acrylic powder and liquid for nails as the monomer has a non-yellowing consistency that won’t crystallize. The white powder is perfect for a natural looking free edge on a French manicure or it can be used to fill the complete nail.
5. EZ Flow A Polymer False White Powder
This powder contains additives that allow fast drying without any bubbles. The acrylic will not crystallize regardless of what the temperature is. To obtain a perfect consistency, work the acrylic for about 40 seconds.
This powder’s going to need a good quality liquid. The next liquid is superb to work with the latter.
6. Nomma Plus Liquid Monomer
This liquid works well with any brand of polymer powder. It will not lift, has a non –yellowing formula and is durable. This low odor monomer provides high adhesion.
This liquid can be used without a nail primer, however if you always have a problem with lifting, making use of a primer is recommended.
Make sure that you protect the work surface as well as work in a well-ventilated area. In addition, making sure that you have the correct tools, polymers and monomers will form the basis of a great manicure. Therefore using the best acrylic powder and liquid for your nails is a great start. Creating awesome looking nails on your fingertips takes time and skill, so the best time is to start right now!
We love hearing from you. Please leave your thoughts regarding the acrylic products that we love and would especially love to hear what you love too.